“An Evening for Dove House” set for May 3rd, 2014!
The 13th annual “An Evening For Dove House” presented by Husky Rack and Wire will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 at the Charles Mack Citizen Center in downtown Mooresville! This signature gala event promises a memorable evening of fabulous food from over a dozen local restaurants, live music by The Buff’ugees and the Mike Hager Band, a special speaker and live and silent auctions. This event sells out every year!
Buy your tickets online now - CLICK HERE .
To ensure that you receive all email notifications about this event and others, please give us your email address in the Newsletter Sign Up field at the bottom of this page. We will NOT be sending postcards!!!!
Dove House Children’s Advocacy Center
Dove House Children’s Advocacy Center embraces a coordinated, comprehensive and systematic approach, which is child-focused, family-friendly, community-oriented and facility-based. We are a resource designed to enhance the coordination among existing community agencies involved in the investigation and intervention process, while keeping the well being of the child as our central focus. We exist in order to:
- Provide a child-friendly facility where investigation and intervention activities take place so that further trauma to child victims and non-offending family members is minimized;
- Facilitate investigations with all involved community professionals from initial case assessment to final disposition, with the goal of enhancing the process for optimal case resolution;
- Promote therapeutic interventions for child victims and their families in order to maximize their progress towards healing;
- Provide the child and non-offending family members with support and consistency in case activities, including the criminal prosecution process and overall case follow-up communications;
- Mobilize and train community agencies and professionals to better serve child victims of sexual assault;
- Maintain a central repository for all data concerning child sexual abuse in Iredell and Alexander Counties through maintenance of a child-focused data tracking system.