Victim Advocate needed!
Dove House Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) in Statesville, NC is seeking to fill a full time position to provide crisis intervention, support, education and advocacy services to children and their non-offending family members/caretakers.
For job description and additional information, click here or go to our current events page.
Email cover letter/resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting is Jan 15, 2015. Dove House is an EOE.
Dove House Children’s Advocacy Center
Dove House Children’s Advocacy Center embraces a coordinated, comprehensive and systematic approach, which is child-focused, family-friendly, community-oriented and facility-based. We are a resource designed to enhance the coordination among existing community agencies involved in the investigation and intervention process, while keeping the well being of the child as our central focus. We exist in order to:
- Provide a child-friendly facility where investigation and intervention activities take place so that further trauma to child victims and non-offending family members is minimized;
- Facilitate investigations with all involved community professionals from initial case assessment to final disposition, with the goal of enhancing the process for optimal case resolution;
- Promote therapeutic interventions for child victims and their families in order to maximize their progress towards healing;
- Provide the child and non-offending family members with support and consistency in case activities, including the criminal prosecution process and overall case follow-up communications;
- Mobilize and train community agencies and professionals to better serve child victims of sexual assault;
- Maintain a central repository for all data concerning child sexual abuse in Iredell and Alexander Counties through maintenance of a child-focused data tracking system.